The 21st Century Teacher

Re-imagine the future of learning… starting today!

Get Connected

Links, Reflection, Tools January 16, 2009

I was looking at all some really complex charts on personal learning networks (PLNs); and was thinking how intimidating they must be for those just starting to grow a network. Sometimes simple can be more powerful. After all … All PLNs start with a single connection.

Get Connected!

16 Comments to “Get Connected”

1.   Liz Davis | January 16th, 2009 at 5:17 pm     

Frank,
    This is an awesome graphic. I absolutely love it. It is so simple and so clear. Thanks for sharing it. I will definitely pass it on and use it (with attribution of course) in future workshops. Love it! Love it! Love it! Thanks for being a part of my PLN.
    -Liz

2.   Cathy Wolinsky | January 16th, 2009 at 8:10 pm     

Saw Liz’s comment on twitter. The graphic does a great job of turning a scary social networking session into one item for conversation and reflection. Thanks!

3.   Frank's Blog - 21CT | January 16th, 2009 at 9:26 pm     

Liz, thanks a bunch … the feeling is mutual. Would be a real treat and honor for you to use my graphic as you please.

:) Frank

4.   Mary Rearick | January 17th, 2009 at 4:05 pm     

This is a wonderful blog. When I joined CCK08, the Connectivism course, I wondered if there was a group of educators who were interested in networking around issues related to K12 education. It looks like you have done a great job connecting with bloggers who share a passion for learning and a zeal for life.

5.   Frank's Blog - 21CT | January 17th, 2009 at 9:14 pm     

Thanks Cathy, that was the hope anyway, nice to hear that it worked .. hehe.

Mary .. connecting is so special, isn’t it? Thanks.

6.   Bill Graziadei, Ph.D. (aka Dr. G) | January 18th, 2009 at 9:40 am     

Frank, thank you for the excellent KIS reminder! Youi sparked a thought to always keep in mind that many of us tend to forget as we work in the global learning community. I too will ise it with attribution as a way to keep my mind in a KIS focus.

7.   Terry | January 18th, 2009 at 11:22 am     

This graphic is great; I’m new to twitter, trying to grow my PLN most via RSS feeds, definitely a lurker at this point; it is intimidating to read the posts of the “heavy weights” in education; I’m a media specialist in a small city trying to help other teachers “get on board” the tech learning train; getting my MA in ed tech has been an eye-opener for me on all that is available (mostly free), just need to know where to look; thanks to you and those on your blogroll that keep sharing with the rest of us – really appreciate it!

8.   Kate Klingensmith | January 18th, 2009 at 11:28 am     

I saw your digram on this huge list of ‘PLE’ diagrams: http://edtechpost.wikispaces.com/PLE+Diagrams#cann

Some of them were so overwhelming that yours stood out to me as simple, succint, and completely accurate. Great interpretation!

9.   John Evans | January 19th, 2009 at 6:19 am     

Frank,

Thanks you for this. So simple yet so profound. Every journey begins with a single step. Thank you for sharing.

10.   Andy McKiel | January 19th, 2009 at 9:45 pm     

I, too, love your graphic :-) Thanks for sharing it! I’ve just used it in a post on the ManACE Memos blog – http://www.manace.ca/blog – to spread the word about an upcoming session called ‘Getting Connected’ that John Evans and I are hosting.