The 21st Century Teacher

Re-imagine the future of learning… starting today!

timfaces

Tim is an Instructional Technology Specialist for a large public school district in Northern Virginia, near Washington DC. He has been blogging for four and half years at AssortedStuff.

Tim’s twitter:

Flickr:

Tim’s Top 10 Tools as at 27 July 2007

1. MacBook Pro Without a doubt the best, most reliable notebook computer I’ve ever used.

2. Firefox What else would anyone use?

3. NetNewsWire - While web-based RSS aggregators are good, I prefer a client program for the speed and greater flexibility, and this is the best.

4. ecto A great tool for composing, editing, and posting to my blog. It has a few bugs but is still much better than even the WordPress interface.

5. WordPress - However, this is still the tool running the show and doing an excellent job of it.

6. Aperture Fast becoming an indispensable tool for organizing my photo collection along with a pretty good image editor for basic functions.

7. Parallels - For those few times when I absolutely have to use a Windows application

8. Apple Mail - I don’t care much about email so I want a tool that’s simple and does a good job of filtering the spam crap. Mail is it.

9. del.icio.us - This is a great tool for keeping track of both what I find on the web and what others have found.

10. Coda - My new favorite program for building and managing web sites.